Now celebrating 25 years of academic excellence! | arts, languages, music, & learning
* Each Child a Whole World *
We consider each child as an individual with unique needs. Our curriculum is designed and customized for the child's age. Patterned after many successful European schools, our programs include studies in French, Spanish, Piano, Art, Drama, Etiquette...Read More
Welcome! We are glad you found us. We're located in South Burlington, Vermont and offer Preschool and Kindergarten through Grade 2. Many of our students are now doing work well beyond their grade level. Our school is a fun and diverse environment that honors the uniqueness of each student. Some of our classes include lessons in handwriting, reading, music, dance, painting, science, math, and foreign languages (French, Spanish, Chinese - when available!). We often take special field trips (think Shelburne Orchards in the Fall and Ice Skating in the Winter) and host fun international learning events. All abilities welcome. Come learn, play, and grow with us!
What makes us special?
- Spanish + French + Chinese programs (When Available)
- Music, Art, Drama, and Dance classes
- Academics: reading, spelling, math, and science
- Fun activities! Dancing, drama, music, field trips, international cuisine
- The "lost art of handwriting"
- Students "travel" every month to a different country as they learn about the world and it's people
- Low teacher to student ratio
- Now celebrating 25 years of teaching and learning!
- We aim to broaden our understanding of our own and other cultures, realize there are different ways to communicate, and develop into more open-minded global citizens
Our high-quality programs illustrate the dynamic relationship between music, arts and history, literature, and world cultures, and introduces children to fascinating art forms that might lie outside the standard preschool curriculum, like puppetry, dance, and more. To learn more about the International Children's School, read about Our Philosophy and Our Programs or see what a day at our school looks like. We offer continuous enrollment throughout the year.